Who You Are
- You are a BA or BS degree candidate (May 2020) with exceptional academic performance.
- You Embrace Evolution: You are able to manage changing priorities, willing to look for solutions beyond the conventional, and committed to applying new concepts to your work while learning from past experiences.
- You Communicate to Connect: You have the courage, confidence, and skill to communicate internally and externally regardless of the audience.
- You Collaborate with Purpose: You invite others’ opinions into your decision-making processes and you commit to the team approach, balancing the value you can add with others’ contributions.
- You Prioritize to GSD (Get Stuff Done): You work well under pressure, can balance different projects and demands at the same time, and are adept at managing deadlines, “managing up,” and working with others to prioritize the most urgent and important actions to complete.
- You are All In: You demonstrate, in words and actions, enthusiasm and passion for Matter’s defining purpose, values, and the vision we share.
- You Think Creatively: You make processes easier for the company and for clients by thinking critically about what works and what doesn’t. You proactively test new ways to serve clients, demonstrating curiosity and an open mind when approaching challenges.
- You Apply a Consultative Mind: You are curious and strategic in your information gathering by asking questions and testing theories to find solutions for clients and for the firm.
During your time here, you will assist and support client service team professionals with projects and responsibilities that could include:
- Preparing portfolio reports and analysis materials for client meetings
- Developing, updating, and improving Excel spreadsheets used to analyze investment strategies and portfolios
- Researching and reporting on client-specific investments, expense issues, or other client requests
- Various client or firm-wide projects leveraging the unique qualifications of the intern
- This is a paid internship
- We expect to hire two interns, located in either the St. Louis or Denver offices
- Start and end dates are negotiable
The individual considering a career in personal financial management will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced advisors in a team oriented culture. Work is assigned with the expectation that the intern will make a valuable contribution while developing significant career experience in a relatively short timeframe.
Email email@example.com to tell us why your experiences matter and why you are interested in interning with our team. Include a resume and cover letter that succinctly describes why you are interested in personal financial planning, what specifically you hope to learn from an internship, and whether you are interested in the St. Louis or Denver office.