This position will be based in our St. Louis office.
- You have a minimum of four years in the financial services industry, including client-facing experience.
- You have financial planning or coordination experience in the areas of investment, risk, estate planning, and cash flow management.
- You have been part of a client team where you drove financial planning for clients, collaborating both with more senior and more junior team members to complete work and make decisions as appropriate.
- You have a BA or BS degree with exceptional academic performance from a challenging four-year institution.
- CFP, CFA, CPA, or MBA is preferred but not required.
- Experience serving family office-level clients is preferred but not required.
- Whether the role of Financial Consultant or Senior Financial Consultant makes more sense will depend on your experience and skillset.
We view this position as the project management and coordination hub of our client engagements. You’ll be ensuring successful execution of each assigned client’s work plan through a combination of coordinating with Directors and Partners, interacting with clients, delegating and reviewing work, and completing follow-up items. You will engage with families on all Matter’s services – Investment Management, Wealth Planning & Coordination, and Culture & Legacy.
This includes responsibilities such as:
- Preparing financial plans, reviews, projections, and periodic updates
- Reviewing, modeling, analyzing, and rebalancing investment portfolios
- Researching, implementing, and helping coordinate wealth strategies
- Managing accounts and cash positions
- Researching and responding to client requests or questions
- Managing and coaching junior team members
- Assisting with various projects and firm-related initiatives
WHO YOU ARE
You Embrace Evolution: You are able to manage changing priorities, willing to look for solutions beyond the conventional, and committed to applying new concepts to your work while learning from past experiences.
You Communicate to Connect: You have the courage, confidence, and skill to communicate internally and externally regardless of the audience.
You Collaborate with Purpose: You invite others’ opinions into your decision-making processes and you commit to the team approach, balancing the value you can add with others’ contributions.
You Prioritize to GSD (Get Stuff Done): You work well under pressure, can balance different projects and demands at the same time, and are adept at managing deadlines, “managing up,” and working with others to prioritize the most urgent and important actions to complete.
You are All In: You demonstrate, in words and actions, enthusiasm and passion for Matter’s defining purpose, values, and the vision we share.
You Think Creatively: You make processes easier for the company and for clients by thinking critically about what works and what doesn’t. You proactively test new ways to serve clients, demonstrating curiosity and an open mind when approaching challenges.
You Apply a Consultative Mind: You can identify clients’ needs and clearly understand their fears and limitations. You are curious and strategic in your information gathering by asking questions and testing theories to find solutions for clients.
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunity – no sales; no cold calling; no conflicts.
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vested retirement contributions.
- Opportunity for advancement based on performance, personal growth, and cultural fit.
- Education reimbursement opportunities for pursuing CFA and/or CFP; additional bonus opportunity for earning the designation.
- Work with a team oriented culture that is interested in helping you learn and grow in your career.
- Strong support for volunteer, community, and/or industry involvement.
Email Celeste O’Brien at email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter telling us a little about your career journey, what attracts you to the multifamily office world, and why you are interested in becoming a member of the Matter team.
Please note that we do not sponsor applicants for work visas