This position will be based in our St. Louis office.
A candidate who is a good fit for this role is bright, organized, highly energetic and creative; someone who makes a very positive impression on everyone who calls or comes in the door. Matter will seriously consider thoughtful applications that clearly demonstrate that you are:
- Instinctively service focused; cheerfully assisting clients, vendors, and employees whether in person or on the phone
- An exceptional communicator with writing, organization, and teamwork skills
- Poised, personable and engaging; a natural conversationalist
- Energetic and proactive; able to think and work autonomously, but not tentative about asking for help when needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; comfortable with learning and developing proficiency with other office software such as CRM and document management applications
- A strong academic performer; 4-year college degree preferred
Matter is reshaping the way families manage their wealth, and we are looking for a team member to support our industry leadership through a variety of tasks across administrative, receptionist, communications and office management functions. The role has opportunity for growth to take on additional responsibility within various areas of our firm. Depending on the skills of the candidate, the following activities could be considered within the scope of the role:
- Guest greeting and communication – responsible for greeting all clients, vendors and other guests to our office, and associated receptionist duties. Primary management of phones, including all incoming calls.
- Administrative – coordination of all mail, delivery, overnight and courier activities, and management of office supply inventory.
- Communications – management of data entry into CRM (Client Relationship Management) system.
- General – support for a variety of other activities (client meeting materials preparation and distribution, scheduling meetings, company wide meeting organization, travel logistics and planning, expense management, kitchen maintenance, and other duties as requested).
Who You Are
You Embrace Evolution: You are able to manage changing priorities, willing to look for solutions beyond the conventional, and committed to applying new concepts to your work while learning from past experiences.
You Communicate to Connect: You have the courage, confidence, and skill to communicate internally and externally regardless of the audience.
You Collaborate with Purpose: You invite others’ opinions into your decision-making processes and you commit to the team approach, balancing the value you can add with others’ contributions.
You Prioritize to GSD (Get Stuff Done): You work well under pressure, can balance different projects and demands at the same time, and are adept at managing deadlines, “managing up,” and working with others to prioritize the most urgent and important actions to complete.
You Are All In: You demonstrate, in words and actions, enthusiasm and passion for Matter’s defining purpose, values, and the vision we share.
You Think Creatively: You make processes easier for the company and for clients by thinking critically about what works and what doesn’t. You proactively test new ways to serve clients, demonstrating curiosity and an open mind when approaching challenges.
You Apply a Consultative Mind: You can identify clients’ needs and clearly understand their fears and limitations. You are curious and strategic in your information gathering by asking questions and testing theories to find solutions for clients.
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vested 401(k) contributions
- Career opportunity based on individual interest, cultural fit, and performance
You can apply directly to St. Louis here.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Please note that we do not sponsor applicants for work visas.