This position will be based in our St. Louis, Denver, or Dallas office.
- You have a BA or BS degree with exceptional academic performance from a challenging four-year institution.
- You have five to ten years of experience working with executives and/or families around communication, effective team management, culture and training. Background in industrial psychology, coaching, and meeting facilitation is very relevant to the work
- MA, PHD, CFP, or MBA is preferred but not required.
- Experience serving high performing individuals or family office-level clients is preferred but not required.
As the leader of the Culture and Legacy service line, this position is a senior level position that is critical to the long term vision of Matter Family Office. You will be responsible for the design and execution of the entire service line. You will be working with client teams to help Matter client families invest in the human capital development of the family. You will work to articulate our client’s vision and align with their family’s values. You will be involved in the high level strategic planning with each family office client and Matter team. Then you will help develop and deliver educational programs and meetings. You will work with some of the best outside experts in the space to bring new ideas and strategies to our program lineup. You will work with many families directly to develop skills and invest in an intentional family culture.
This includes responsibilities such as:
- Lead Culture & Legacy service line to develop family communication skills, prepare families to make great decisions, build governance/succession plans and educate all family members
- Lead, facilitate, and support family meetings, communication training, multigenerational family mission/vision planning, and family governance
- Work with Matter client teams to create a strategic plan to develop client human capital. Help the team execute the plan, using both internal and external resources
- Develop content both internally, and with outside experts/resources, to use with Matter families and employees as needed
- Create, publish and distribute the unique content developed to help build trust, communication and preparation skills for Matter families. Contribute to Matter blog, newsletters, and the broader multi-family office industry
- Occasional support in public relations interviews, industry events and business development
- Collaborate with Matter People team to develop internal talent through coaching, mentorship and performance programs
Who You Are
You Embrace Evolution: You are able to manage changing priorities, willing to look for solutions beyond the conventional, and committed to applying new concepts to your work while learning from past experiences.
You Communicate to Connect: You have the courage, confidence, and skill to communicate internally and externally regardless of the audience.
You Collaborate with Purpose: You invite others’ opinions into your decision-making processes and you commit to the team approach, balancing the value you can add with others’ contributions.
You Prioritize to GSD (Get Stuff Done): You work well under pressure, can balance different projects and demands at the same time, and are adept at managing deadlines, “managing up,” and working with others to prioritize the most urgent and important actions to complete.
You Are All In: You demonstrate, in words and actions, enthusiasm and passion for Matter’s defining purpose, values, and the vision we share.
You Think Creatively: You make processes easier for the company and for clients by thinking critically about what works and what doesn’t. You proactively test new ways to serve clients, demonstrating curiosity and an open mind when approaching challenges.
You Apply a Consultative Mind: You can identify clients’ needs and clearly understand their fears and limitations. You are curious and strategic in your information gathering by asking questions and testing theories to find solutions for clients.
You Lead Our Clients: You inspire trust through professionalism, education, and a resilience to answer the call when needed most. Clients respect you because you stand firm on critical issues, know how to say “no” at times, and present alternatives that welcome them to the decision-making process on complex problems.
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunity.
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vested retirement contributions.
- Opportunity for advancement based on performance, personal growth, and cultural fit.
- Work with a team oriented culture that is interested in helping you learn and grow in your career.
- Strong support for volunteer, community, and/or industry involvement.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Please note that we do not sponsor applicants for work visas.