This position will be based in our St. Louis, Denver, or Dallas office.
- You have a BA or BS degree with exceptional academic performance from a challenging four-year institution.
- You have three to five years of experience working with executives and/or families around communication, effective team management, culture and training. Background in industrial psychology, coaching, and meeting facilitation is very relevant to the work.
- You have deep curiosity around the challenges facing our client families along with a pragmatic approach to working with individuals and families to move them forward on their path.
- MA, PHD, MSW or MBA with a focus related to industrial psychology is preferred but not required.
As a core contributor of the Culture and Legacy service line, this position is an important position for the long-term vision of Matter Family Office. You will be involved in the management of the culture and legacy committee and coaching and training of our client teams. You will be involved in the strategic initiatives to help Matter innovate and evolve our practice. You will work with some of the best outside experts in the space to bring new ideas and strategies to our program lineup. You will work with many families directly to develop skills and invest in an intentional family culture.
This includes responsibilities such as:
- Be an active part of the team to facilitate, and support family meetings, communication training, multigenerational family mission/vision planning, and family governance
- Work with Matter client teams to create a strategic plan to develop client human capital of Matter families individually and collectively. Help the team execute the plan, using both internal and external resources
- Develop content both internally, and with outside experts/resources, to use with Matter families and employees as needed
- Create, publish and distribute the unique content developed to help build trust, communication and preparation skills for Matter families. Contribute to Matter blog, newsletters, and the broader multi-family office industry
- Occasional support in public relations interviews, industry events and business development
- Collaborate with Matter People team to develop internal talent through coaching, mentorship and performance programs
- Support and mentor under Matter’s Chief Learning Officer
Who You Are
You Embrace Evolution: You are able to manage changing priorities, willing to look for solutions beyond the conventional, and committed to applying new concepts to your work while learning from past experiences. You take a long-term perspective and are willing to invest the time and energy necessary to become a thought leader in our field while having the opportunity to mentor under seasoned professionals.
You Communicate to Connect: You have the courage, confidence, and skill to communicate internally and externally regardless of the audience. You have empathy for the challenges and opportunities our clients face.
You Collaborate with Purpose: You invite others’ opinions into your decision-making processes and you commit to the team approach, balancing the value you can add with others’ contributions.
You Prioritize to GSD (Get Stuff Done): You work well under pressure, can balance different projects and demands at the same time, and are adept at managing deadlines, “managing up,” and working with others to prioritize the most urgent and important actions to complete.
You Are All In: You demonstrate, in words and actions, enthusiasm and passion for Matter’s defining purpose, values, and the vision we share.
You Think Creatively: You make processes easier for the company and for clients by thinking critically about what works and what doesn’t. You proactively test new ways to serve clients, demonstrating curiosity and an open mind when approaching challenges.
You Apply a Consultative Mind: You can identify clients’ needs and clearly understand their fears and limitations. You are curious and strategic in your information gathering by asking questions and testing theories to find solutions for clients.
You Lead Our Clients: You inspire trust through professionalism, education, and resilience to answer the call when needed most. Clients respect you because you stand firm on critical issues, know how to say “no” at times, and present alternatives that welcome them to the decision-making process on complex problems.
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunity.
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vested retirement contributions.
- Opportunity for advancement based on performance, personal growth, and cultural fit.
- Work with a team oriented culture that is interested in helping you learn and grow in your career.
- Strong support for volunteer, community, and/or industry involvement.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please note that we do not sponsor applicants for work visas.