This position will be based in our St. Louis or Denver office.
At Matter Family Office, families are our number-one priority. We lead the way on a purpose-driven path that combines a family’s goals and values with our technical excellence. By guiding families through strategies that foster communication, planning, and intentional decision-making around wealth, Matter helps the families we serve continue to thrive for generations.
Matter was founded in 1990 and has offices in St. Louis, Denver, and Dallas.
The part time Tax Coordinator is a member of Matter’s tax coordination team, reporting directly to the Lead of Matter’s Wealth Planning and Coordination Committee. The Tax Coordinator is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to client teams related to Matter’s tax process. They are an expert resource and champion of the Matter tax process and are committed to building relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
The Tax Coordinator provides tax preparers with tax documents and information as directed by client teams, ensures that tax payments are made correctly and on time, and maintains documentation and recordkeeping related to tax payments and tax returns. Other responsibilities include:
- Providing gain/loss information and tax-related documents to Tax Preparers as directed by client teams
- Ensuring that all income tax payment vouchers received from tax preparers are paid correctly and on time
- Documentation and recordkeeping related to Matter-directed investments, other tax items, tax payments, and tax returns
- Documenting and ensuring proper tax record, and making use of current technologies.
- Collaborating with the tax coordination team to shape firm-wide messaging and training related to the tax process
This position is ideal for you if you:
- Would you describe yourself as patient, methodical, precise, and thorough
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible and adapt to an ever-changing work environment and know how to manage changing priorities
- Able to multi-task and effectively perform project execution within assigned deadlines and can manage a high-volume, task-driven workload
- Feel comfortable under strict deadline pressure
- Able to use sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Exhibit superior verbal and written communication skills
- Have an excellent customer service ethic in approaching your work and communications with tax preparers and Matter’s internal teams
- Consistently demonstrate professional demeanor
- Able to appropriately handle confidential and highly sensitive material
- You have a BA or BS degree or equivalent 2 to 4 years of work experience
- Tax experience is not a specific requirement, but knowledge of tax, investments, accounting, bookkeeping, billing, or general accounting is beneficial.
- Self-motivated and ability to thrive in a fast-paced self-directed environment
- Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to exceed clients’ expectations
- Experience and comfort level with a client base of high-net-worth clients is preferred
- Comfort with CRM, data management, and familiarity with performance reporting software (such as Tamarac) is a plus
Who You Are
- You Embrace Evolution: You are able to manage changing priorities, willing to look for solutions beyond the conventional, and committed to applying new concepts to your work while learning from past experiences.
- You Communicate to Connect: You have the courage, confidence, and skill to communicate internally and externally regardless of the audience.
- You Collaborate with Purpose: You invite others’ opinions into your decision-making processes and you commit to the team approach, balancing the value you can add with others’ contributions.
- You Prioritize to GSD (Get Stuff Done): You work well under pressure, can balance different projects and demands at the same time, and are adept at managing deadlines, “managing up,” and working with others to prioritize the most urgent and important actions to complete.
- You Are All In: You demonstrate, in words and actions, enthusiasm and passion for Matter’s defining purpose, values, and the vision we share.
- You’re Proactive: You like to identify what needs to be done and do it thoughtfully and creatively before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- You Focus on Quality: You set high quality standards and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance. You follow up to ensure that deliverables, agreements and commitments are fulfilled and have met expectations.
- You Apply Organization Sensitivity: You are aware of how your actions, decisions and choices impact parts of the organization. You practice systemic thinking and understand how policies, practices, trends, technology and information will affect not only you, but others in the organization.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Please note that we do not sponsor applicants for work visas.