This position will be based in our St. Louis or Dallas office.
- You have a minimum of seven years in the financial services industry, including significant client-facing experience.
- You have financial planning or coordination experience in the areas of investment, insurance, estate planning, and cash flow management.
- You have been part of a client team where you drove financial planning for clients, collaborating both with more senior and more junior team members to complete work and make decisions as appropriate.
- You have a BA or BS degree with exceptional academic performance from a challenging four-year institution.
- CFP, CFA, CPA, or MBA is preferred but not required.
- Experience serving family office-level clients is preferred but not required.
As a Senior Financial Consultant, you will bring your expertise and experience to our team and understand what Matter does for each of our families. You’ll be ensuring successful execution of each assigned client’s work plan through a combination of coordinating with Directors and Partners, interacting with clients, delegating and reviewing work, and completing follow-up items. You will engage with families on all Matter’s services – Investment Management, Wealth Planning & Coordination, and Culture & Learning.
This includes responsibilities such as:
- Preparing financial plans, reviews, projections, and periodic updates
- Reviewing, modeling, analyzing, and rebalancing investment portfolios
- Researching, implementing, and helping coordinate wealth strategies
- Managing accounts and cash positions
- Researching and responding to client requests or questions
- Managing and coaching junior team members
- Assisting with various projects and firm-related initiatives
Who You Are
You Embrace Evolution: You are able to manage changing priorities, willing to look for solutions beyond the conventional, and committed to applying new concepts to your work while learning from past experiences. You take a long-term perspective and are willing to invest the time and energy necessary to become a thought leader in our field while having the opportunity to mentor under seasoned professionals.
You Communicate to Connect: You have the courage, confidence, and skill to communicate internally and externally regardless of the audience. You have empathy for the challenges and opportunities our clients face.
You Collaborate with Purpose: You invite others’ opinions into your decision-making processes and you commit to the team approach, balancing the value you can add with others’ contributions.
You Prioritize to GSD (Get Stuff Done): You work well under pressure, can balance different projects and demands at the same time, and are adept at managing deadlines, “managing up,” and working with others to prioritize the most urgent and important actions to complete.
You Are All In: You demonstrate, in words and actions, enthusiasm and passion for Matter’s defining purpose, values, and the vision we share.
You Think Creatively: You make processes easier for the company and for clients by thinking critically about what works and what doesn’t. You proactively test new ways to serve clients, demonstrating curiosity and an open mind when approaching challenges.
You Apply a Consultative Mind: You can identify clients’ needs and clearly understand their fears and limitations. You are curious and strategic in your information gathering by asking questions and testing theories to find solutions for clients.
You Lead Our Clients: You inspire trust through professionalism, education, and resilience to answer the call when needed most. Clients respect you because you stand firm on critical issues, know how to say “no” at times, and present alternatives that welcome them to the decision-making process on complex problems.
- Competitive Salary and Annual Performance Based Bonus
- Medical and Dental Health Plans
- Supplemented Health Savings Account and Health Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employer Supplemented Health Reimbursement Account Plan
- Short- and Long-term disability coverage paid for by employer
- Paid Group Life Insurance
- Flexible 401(k) retirement benefits with employer matching
- 10 paid holidays per year plus competitive vacation and sick leave
- Cell phone reimbursement plan
- Opportunity for advancement based on performance, personal growth, and cultural fit
- Work with a team-oriented culture that supports continuing education and career growth
- Strong support for volunteer, community and/or industry involvement
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please note that we do not sponsor applicants for work visas.